Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Around the Winter Garden

I have finally had a good long weekend out in the garden, with good weather and just about finished planting the veggie beds.  There is a still much colour to be had around my garden to the point people walking past stop and talk about the flowers, see my massage sign and end up texting me for an appointment! Win/win really! :)


This is the latest bed to be planted, I upcycled and old fence with wire we had lying around which will be used for the Snow peas just planted, I've put Coriander at the front and Bok Choy and Beetroot to either side.  This bed will eventually be used in Summer for my Strawberries.


This bed has Silverbeet self seeded from last year, and eldest child's Lettuce, he has done well as I've never had luck growing Lettuce from seed, we have Spinach seed sown at the end and some Mizuna - an Oriental salad veggie.


The third bed has some seedling brought Lettuce in the middle and Red Onions either side, I usually do well growing onions each year.


The final fourth bed has Rocket growing either end, Red Onions in the middle and a space for the Pak Choy I have in the green house that I am growing from seed.


My little Pak Choy seedlings are doing well, still away from being ready for the bed, but grown on seed tape and germinated well.


My seed grown Pansies came up well and I have been able to transplant to 4 long pots at the front of my clinic for some Winter colour.


Eldest child's bed is doing well and full of colour.


This is the other bed he made planted out with the bulbs all starting to pop up!


These bulbs are such a mix and planted out the front in an area where I didn't actually think they would thrive so well, even the Ranancula's look really healthy so far, can't wait for the colour!


My seed grown Calendula's are doing nicely and I have planted all along the front fence for some orange colour at the end of Winter.


This is my tree Dahlia give to me by my friend at Annies flower-garden blog, I wish I could link her blog, but I am not that clever, if you google that and Ballarat it will come up, lovely flower shots over there and very crafty too!  This literally stops people in the street and my kids have heard people talking about it!


Look at this happy Tree Dahlia flower!


Beautiful - Just Joey Rose.


I feel this Fucshia has gotten confused with the few days of sunshine we had!


Gorgeous Plectranthus on my back verandah.

1 comment:

  1. Sue it is all looking lovely....SO glad to see your tree dahlia...excited that the one at school is looking good too. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete